Sunday 30 May 2010

My New House #5


Photobucket

Okay, I must say i'm over the moon to leave the last place. The radio transmitters were long fizzled out, there were wholes in the floor so i couldn't play marbles plus i had no means of getting back to shore so i had to eat fucking barnacles. An opening came up fortunately from a friend who worked at general motors in 1964. I decided to move straight in. Pretty romantic little space this..

Photobucket

Photobucket

I got to the place and this fucking bandit was parked nicely above the house.

Photobucket

Pain in the arse to drive but this expat human synthesizer is on the stereo..

Photobucket

I'm not interested in telling you about the life and times of this man but more about the song in particular. The song is called The World Is One. I heard it when i was on my own trapsing around a few record shops, it's a fucking strange song but i think as someone who reads this blog, you might see the absolute genius in it. Finders Keepers have just reissued a collection of Sam Spence's mooged out fuckery and this song in particular tore my fucking head off. I have a real thing for choral vocals and this pushes all the right buttons, not something you can play at parties or anywhere where more than yourself are hanging out but I mean I can't say much about this record that you won't feel yourself when you hear it. Do yourself a favour and listen to it in headphones or big fucking speakers you won't regret it.



P.s - it's really worth checking out this guy and his music out, quite the story. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment